Immigration Lawyer in Denver

HomeImmigration Lawyer in Denver

Immigration Lawyer in Denver

Any time you face an issue about a foreign national entering the United States for your purposes or on your behalf, you need to consult an immigration lawyer in Denver. Most often, this consultation will lead to obtaining a visa for the individual. However, a visa is not always required to enter the United States.

Visa Waiver Program

The Visa Waiver Program enables most citizens or nationals of the participating counties to travel to the United States for 90 days or less for business or tourism without obtaining a formal visa. An individual seeking to take advantage of the Visa Waiver Program must meet all of the following requirements:

  • Travel must be for a purpose permitted under a B Visitor Visa
  • Individuals must be citizens or nationals of the 40 Visa Waiver Program designated countries
  • The traveler must have a valid and current Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) before boarding US-bound transport.

Persons Ineligible for Visa Waiver Program

Under the 2015 Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act, certain groups of travelers are no longer eligible for the Visa Waiver Program. They must now obtain a visa prior to traveling to the US. These persons include:

  • Nationals of VWP countries who have traveled to or been present in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited exceptions for travel for diplomatic or military purposes in the service of a VWP country).
  • Nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria.

Individuals subject to this requirement can apply for visas using the regulator appointment process at a US embassy or consulate. For emergency travel, it is possible to make an application on an expedited basis. 

Correct Passport Needed

The Visa Waiver Program requires that the traveler have a passport valid for at least six months after the party’s planned departure from the US (unless there is a country-specific agreement otherwise). The traveler must also have an e-passport to be eligible for the Visa Waiver Program  E-passports must have an embedded electronic chip and comply with International Civil Aviation Organization standards. You can easily identify E-passports by the symbol on the cover of the passport.

Applying for a Visa Instead

You may apply for a visitor visa if you prefer or if you are eligible for the Visa Waiver Program. Further, if you will be traveling on a private aircraft or other non-Visa Waiver Program air or sea carrier, you must apply for a visa. Finally, you must apply for a visa if your planned visit will be longer than 90 days.

Contact a Denver Immigration Lawyer

If you or a loved one are seeking assistance with the Visa Waiver Program, you should contact an immigration law firm as soon as possible. Contact us or call 303-297-9171 today for an initial consultation on your Visa Waiver Program issue. Let us help you solve your immigration issues. 


Appeals & Federal Litigation Cases


We’ve filed a case challenging the US Department of Labor over a new rule that dramatically hikes wages for H-1B, H-1B1, PERM and E-3 cases.



This case challenged the Presidential Proclamation 10014 and 10052 with respect to DV winners. The judge has certified the case as a class action …



This case challenged visa processing delays and the Trump Administration’s immigrant visa ban, Presidential Proclamation 10014.



This case features “pair[s] of star-crossed lovers” on whose lives, like Romeo and Juliet’s, a plague has wreaked havoc.



We Are Committed to Your Dreams.

Countless people dream of becoming a U.S. citizen. If your application was rejected by the USCIS, we are here to fight for your best interests.

Get in touch with us. Write us a message.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Tap Here To Schedule An Appointment
It's Fast & Easy