English Spanish



The U visa is available to those noncitizens who have suffered physical or mental abuse as a result of being the victim of certain criminal activity. If those individuals possess information about that criminal activity and have been, are being, or will be helpful to Federal, State, or local authorities, those individuals may qualify for U visa status.

The criminal activity has to be one of various enumerated crimes in violation of the laws of the U.S.

Upon a showing of hardship, an applicants’ spouse, children and parents of those U visa applicants under the age of 16 may also receive derivative U status. Applicants for the derivative status must provide certification from a government official that an investigation or prosecution would be harmed without the assistance of the derivative applicant.

The U visa can be granted for four years, and after three years the U visa holder can apply for permanent residence.


Complete the form to schedule a consultation.

Schedule An
Appointment Online

Powered by NUVEW Web Solutions
We Are Open For Business

Effective March 25, 2020, in response to “Stay at Home” orders Joseph & Hall PC is closed to the public and is now conducting nearly all of its operations remotely during the COVID-19 health crisis through April 18th.

We continue to have a limited number of staff in our office to perform basic operations such as assembling and filing petitions, receiving and distributing mail and issuing checks. We are grateful to be in a business that is conducive to remote work and for all of your patience and support.  Our lawyers and paralegals are here to answer the array of questions that continue to arise daily and will keep you informed during these rapidly changing times.  We will hold telephonic or video meetings rather than in-person meetings.  These meetings can be done by SKYPE or Zoom Conference call so that you can continue to interact with your legal team, face-to-face.

We remain committed to delivering outstanding client services.  We do have one important request – please do not come into the office in person for your health and safety and that of our employees.  Please mail or email all documents to our office.  Also, you can make any required payments online at https://vpspay.com/p/3 or make them over the phone by calling 303-297-9171 or by mail.  Please stay healthy!

Call Now Button