badge1 badge2
English Spanish

USCIS Extends TPS Registration for Haitians / Le TPS pour les Haïtiens


USCIS Extends TPS Registration for Haitians / Le TPS pour les Haïtiens

Contributed By:
Kim Tremblay, Associate Attorney and
Zalifata Gambor, Receptionist

On October 1, 2012, DHS announced that it was extending Temporary Protected Status (“TPS”) for Haitians in the United States.  DHS first announced the availability of TPS for Haitians in January 2010.

If you currently have TPS and have maintained your status, you must reregister during the re-registration period.  This period will be between October 1, 2012 and November 30, 2012.    Your status will be extended until July 22, 2014.  The employment authorization document that you have will be automatically extended until July 22, 2013 while you are waiting for your new employment authorization document.

If you do not currently have TPS or if you did not re-register, you may register if you meet certain conditions. For example, if you could not register because of compelling circumstances, you may be eligible to do so now.  You should consult an immigration attorney to determine whether you meet the conditions for late initial registration or late re-registration.

For more information- click here

Le TPS pour les Haïtiens
Kim Tremblay, Avocate Associée et
Zalifata Gambor, Réceptionniste

Le 1er octobre 2012, DHS a annoncé le prolongement  du Statut de Protection Temporaire (connu sous l’acronyme “TPS”) pour les Haïtiens qui vivent aux États-Unis.  DHS a initialement annoncé la disponibilité du TPS pour les Haïtiens en janvier 2010.

Si vous avez actuellement le TPS et avez maintenu votre statut, vous devez vous enregistrer de nouveau durant la période de renouvellement.  Cette période sera entre le 1er octobre 2012 et  le 30 novembre 2012.  Votre statut sera prolongé jusqu’au 22 juillet 2014.  Le document d’autorisation d’emploi que vous possédez sera automatiquement prolongé jusqu’au 22 juillet 2013 pendant que vous attendez d’obtenir votre nouveau document d’autorisation d’emploi.

Si vous n’avez pas actuellement le TPS ou vous n’avez pas renouvelé votre enregistrement, vous pouvez vous enregistrer si vous répondez aux critères demandés.  Par exemple, si vous ne vous êtes pas enregistrés à cause de circonstances graves, il est possible que vous puissiez vous enregistrer maintenant.  Vous devriez consulter un avocat ou une avocate spécialisé(e) en immigration pour déterminer si vous répondez  aux conditions demandées pour l’enregistrement initial tardif ou le renouvellement tardif.

Get in Touch

Complete the form to schedule a consultation.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Call Now Button