The United States Citizenship & Immigration Service announced today that it would offer temporary, emergency services to Nepali citizens stranded in the United States due to the devastating earthquake on April 25, 2015.
Measures that may be available to eligible Nepali nationals upon request include:
- Change or extension of nonimmigrant status for an individual currently in the United States, even if the request is filed after the authorized period of admission has expired;
- A grant of re-parole;
- Expedited processing of advance parole requests;
- Expedited adjudication and approval, where possible, of requests for off-campus employment authorization for F-1 students experiencing severe economic hardship;
- Expedited adjudication of employment authorization applications, where appropriate;
- Consideration for waivers of fees associated with USCIS benefit applications, based on an inability to pay; and
- Assistance replacing lost or damaged immigration or travel documents issued by USCIS, such as Permanent Resident Cards (green cards).
Please contact Joseph Law Firm if you are experiencing emergent need.